CLWR provides Canadians with opportunities to serve in the field of international development and relief. Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Current Job Openings:
FTE: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Closing Date: February 2, 2020
Estimated Start Date: March 2, 2020
Join a team that works towards creating a world where people live in justice, peace, and dignity. Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) is a charitable not-for-profit organization that challenges the causes and responds to the consequences of human suffering and poverty.
CLWR supports hiring practices and a staff composition that benefits from a diverse staff team, where “diverse” means (but is not limited to) differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, religious beliefs, and/or political beliefs. Working for CLWR will provide you with a competitive salary, a supportive work environment, and excellent learning opportunities.
It is expected that all employees are in agreement with CLWR’s Mission Statement, Code of Conduct, and can work with its mandate within a faith-based environment.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position that reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) of Canadian Lutheran World Relief. This key position will provide a proactive level of support while performing a wide range of administrative duties, including coordinating various day-to-day functions and projects for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent initiative, confidentiality, and judgment on a daily basis, can anticipate the needs of the ED and work independently handling changing and competing priorities.
This role will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the ED, preparing correspondence, reports, minutes, and presentations, coordinating calendars, travel, and meeting arrangements, acting as a liaison with the Board of Directors, organizing meetings and zoom calls, and monitoring upcoming organizational deadlines.
The ability to work in highly complex environments and successfully manage valued relationships with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders is essential.
Core Competencies: self-starter, forward-thinking, highly-organized, attention to detail, elevated computer competency, highly collaborative, excellent communication, adaptable, and a willingness to learn.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum knowledge (formal education/general knowledge) required:
- Business Administration Degree or related certificate/diploma
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills to build relationships both within and outside CLWR
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- General knowledge of administrative procedures, human resources and board policies and procedures
Minimum experience required:
- Minimum three (3) years professional work experience in executive level administration role with increasing amount of responsibility
- Experience in managing multiple online schedules
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity and working independently
- Proven ability to anticipate needs or issues, and create solutions to address them
- Experience in drafting agendas, correspondence, replies, action items, and project outlines
- Ability to demonstrateof a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in performing responsibilities
Technical skills required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences
- Must be proficient with all software programs/products utilized in performance of duties; demonstrated high level of competence in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Other skills or requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and live in Winnipeg
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission, vision, and values of CLWR
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, respect and confidentially is a must
- Strong organization skills with proven ability to prioritize
- Flexibility to be available outside of regular working hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize tasks, anticipating requirements and ensuring user group needs are met on a consistent basis
- Must possess exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Quick to take the initiative and make appropriate decisions
- Potential travel nationally and internationally on a limited basis
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as required by special events/circumstances
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop or laptop computer
- Lifting or moving up to 15lbs may be required
- Understanding of charities and government funding
- Experience/familiarity with international development/humanitarian assistance programming is an asset
- Knowledge of international development work
KEY RESPONSIBILITES OVERVIEW:
- Maintain the Executive Director’s schedule by planning and booking all meetings and events that involve the Executive Director
- Monitor upcoming deadlines and bring items forward for follow up in a timely manner, follow-up on status and completion of key action items
- Coordinate and prepare agenda, arrangements, documents and materials, minutes and follow-up action items for executive and management meetings
- Ensure the timely flow of information to internal and external persons
- Handle confidential information with tact and professionalism
- Prepare correspondence and presentations by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, with a high level of accuracy to detail
- Arrange logistics for Board of Directors, executive, finance and other meetings, distribute reports, arrange electronic participation in meetings (Skype/Zoom), assist with minute-taking as required
- Coordinate and prepare agendas and materials for Board Meetings and Quarterly reports
- Arrange logistics for agency meetings & other events as required
- Assist in the development of administration budgets;
- Provide back-up support for CLWR reception and phone-line, when needed
- Record, edit and distribute Meeting Minutes at all staff meetings, leadership team meetings, and staff retreats
- Provide weekly electronic updates to staff
- Assist in the planning and execution of staff functions and retreats
- Assist in the development of yearly strategic plans, as required
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a single PDF file, including their cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, your resume, salary expectation, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Sunday, February 2, 2020.