World Food Day falls on October 16 each year. Join us in prayer and taking action against global hunger. Use these resources to mark the day:
- Download the Prayer Petitions from Rev Dr Timothy Teuscher - President, LCC
- Download the Prayer from Rev Paul Gehrs - Assistant to the Bishop for Justice and Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations, ELCIC
- Download a PowerPoint slide on World Food Day 2022
- Share this announcement in your bulletin:
World Food Day – Sunday October 16th - For many Canadians, the news of the growing hunger crisis can feel really far away – but in this global village, everyone is our neighbour. Join CLWR, churches across Canada, and members of Canadian Foodgrains Bank as we stand together with people around the globe and unite in prayer for an end to the injustices of hunger. Learn more at www.untilallarefed.ca.
- Download a bulletin insert (here's a black & white version)
Activities for Children and Youth:
- The Right Tools - A children's feature
- Filling the Bowls - A youth group activity
- A Ration Meal - A learning activity
- Breaking the Cycle of Hunger - An online game
- A crossword puzzle
- A word search game
- A colouring page
Please visit www.untilallarefed.ca to download additional resources to mark World Food Day 2022, made available by the Canadian Foodgrains Bank.
National Prayer Gathering
The Canadian Foodgrains Bank is also offering an online National Prayer Gathering at 7:30pm (EST) on Sunday October 16th.
This special prayer event will be an opportunity for Canadian Christians to gather and pray for an end to hunger.
The event is open to anyone and will be hosted on Zoom. It is free, but registration is required and can be done online here.