World Refugee Day falls on June 20 each year. Join us in prayer, meditation and action about the plight of displaced people around the world, and God’s call for us to respond. Use these liturgical resources to mark the day.
- Download this Prayer for Refugees
- Download a PowerPoint slide on World Refugee Day
- Share this announcement in your bulletin: World Refugee Day, commemorated every year on June 20th, is an occasion to honour forcibly displaced people around the globe, celebrate their strength, courage and resilience and build empathy and understanding of their plight. More information can be found at www.clwr.org/wrd. On June 20th, please join us in praying for those who have had to flee their homes, and in working for justice and peace for refugees and displaced families around the world. “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” Matthew 25:35
- Download a bulletin insert (here's a black & white version)
- Use this congregational resource PDF which contains Communion liturgy, plus ideas for worship, hymn and scripture suggestions, prayers and children’s time
Video Download Links
The following videos are freely available to download and incorporate into your service.